Goodwill accepts a large variety of items. Unfortunately, we can’t accept everything.
Over the years, we have discovered what people will purchase in our stores—and what they won’t. We want to be sure that the items we stock in our stores are things that people are interested in purchasing. That way, we can do the very best job of raising funds for the good causes we support.
So take a look at the lists below. And remember, items must be in good and sellable condition.
Would you like to know average prices of various items to help you determine the value of your donations? Download our Pricing Guide.
Great items to donate:
• Women’s, Men’s, and Children’s clothing and shoes
• Bedding—other than pillows mattresses and box springs
• Computers—monitors, printers, hard drives, etc.
• Curtains and draperies
• Decorations, framed pictures, and knickknacks
• Small electrical home appliances in working order
• Furniture under 25 pounds
• Games and puzzles
• Household items
• Linens and towels
• Sportswear and equipment
• Toys—with no small parts
Items we unfortunately can’t accept:
• Baby Furniture
• Toys with small parts
• Large appliances
• Plumbing fixtures
• Air conditioners or dehumidifiers
• Mattresses, box springs or bed pillows
• Windows, screens or storm doors
• Carpet scrap or carpeting
• Metal or lumber
• Building materials
• Construction or yard waste
• Containers of any liquid—such as paint, petroleum or cleaning supplies
• Large furniture—weighing over 25 pounds
• Medical supplies or crutches
• Large exercise equipment
• Auto parts, tires or wheels